Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trying to Calm my Creative Jitters

The Educational Technology course stimulated those creative energies I rarely allow myself time for these days. I did the whole "create a banner for a webpage" thing (my SOU home page) and thought about actually designing that page to store some of the curriculum I've done that isn't more-or-less 'owned' by the museums I've worked for. (tangent: does any one really understand how those rules work? If I write the curriculum I'm using to teach a class through my employer, the museum, who 'owns' the curriculum?)

Anyway, back to the topic of Creative Jitters. I've added a new tab to my iGoogle page just for my teaching/education resources, thus separating them from the Science resources I had originally grouped them with. So, I wanted to put an educational theme on the header of the page. I searched for "education", "chalkboard", "teaching", "classroom", "student", "write", "math", etc etc looking for something like a chalkboard background - that very traditional "school" feeling. And turned up a big nothing.

But, there is that "create your own theme" option. And they give some pretty good instructions. So I'm thinking of creating one. I'm hoping it will be a good way to focus my energy on something creative, so that when I'm back in the office this week finalizing the curriculum for this school year, I can actually focus.

No comments: