Monday, August 18, 2008

State Science Standards

This is the year they revise the Science Standards for Oregon, and I'm currently reading my way through the first draft. This will have a definite impact on what I teach this year and what new curriculum I will need to design for next year. I have to do some serious research into the resources and references they're using to support their decisions, and put some real time into thinking about how to implement them in our outreach classes next year and beyond.

Too much to think about... I still have to get through this year with the old standards and all the changes I wanted to make. Must remember to conserve energies and be efficient in how much I put into improvements this year when they'll need to be revised again next year.

No comments: